Naval and Strategic Communications
Systems Integrators around the world rely on RapidM to remain abreast with the latest emerging standards. RapidM maintains and continuously expands the RM and RC Range of high-end Naval & Strategic data modems and rack-mounted ARQ units. These products offer exceptional levels of performance and fully comply with all the important standards including MIL-STD-188-110B and 110C, MIL-STD-188-141B and 141C, STANAG 4538, 4539, 5066.
Tactical and Joint Communications
Secure and reliable communications is at the heart of all Tactical and Joint Forces operations. This is exactly what the continually expanding RapidM RT product range provides. Leading edge waveforms and design provide these rugged products with the most reliable and integrated services on offer. The RT Product range ensures secure voice and data interoperability between mixed vendor radio equipment.
Governmental and Security Communications
RapidM’s Governmental and Security Communication products are custom developed for governmental agencies, police, first responders and paramilitary forces. The products provide affordable proprietary HF data communications as well as standards-based solutions for 2G ALE and MIL-STD-188-110B. The RA range of products improves communications reliability and offers secure long-range and BLOS voice, position and data services over existing HF and VHF radio transceivers.
Embedded HF/VHF Modem Modules
Radio Makers are faced with ever-expanding functional and performance demands when developing HF and V/UHF radios. The TC Range of embeddable modules provide next generation digital capabilities to new and existing designs at a low integration effort and low overall cost. Capabilities include secure digital voice, positioning services, narrowband and wideband data modems and ALE controllers. MIL-STD / STANAG compliant functions and proprietary waveforms are offered.
System Integrators, Radio Manufacturers and End Users often require design, development or integration assistance during the development of new products and roll-out of systems. Our customers rely on us to provide engineering support, be it off-site or on-site. We have partnered with and worked with world-leading companies to develop cutting-edge products and standards. RapidM has considerable R&D capacity and a reputation for developing dependable, quality, high-speed, wideband and BLOS communication solutions.
RapidM has a large pool of specialists skilled in the area of low-power, high performance data communications hardware, platform and software development. RapidM has a considerable R&D capacity to develop high-speed, wideband and BLOS communications solutions. This capability includes development of baseband and SDR hardware platforms, physical layer modem designs, customised ARQ systems, network layers, standardised security layers and message handling systems. We have a reputation in the industry for dependability and quality in this regard.
We can put together teams to adapt our HF and VHF embedded communication technology to integrate into existing client products or systems, extending life and functionality.
RapidM also, on request, develops external units (typically in 19-inch rackmount format) that provide data communication functions required by a system integrator for a particular project.
System Integrators, Radio Makers and End Users often require on-site integration assistance at short notice during the development new products or the commissioning of new HF and VHF data communication systems. RapidM has a pool of engineers experienced with integration assistance.
Design and Engineering Assistance
RapidM can provide specialised design and engineering assistance to customers in the following areas:
- Integration assistance to harmonise radio systems with RapidM’s ancillary secure digital voice and modem solutions,
- Integration assistance with RapidM’s embedded HF and V/UHF modem modules,
- Transceiver baseband security architecture and receiver/exciter SDR firmware porting (for FPGAs),
- Bespoke high quality electronic board design and verification.
Waveform Adaptation and Design
RapidM can provide proprietary solutions to customers in the following areas:
- Wideband waveforms for packet data suitable for HF (BLOS) and challenging (mobile) V/UHF fixed-frequency radio links,
- Proprietary secure data streaming and packet data ECCM waveforms suitable for HF (BLOS) and challenging (mobile) V/UHF frequency hopping radio links,
- Proprietary secure digital voice ECCM waveforms suitable for HF (BLOS) and challenging (mobile) V/UHF frequency hopping radio links,
- Radio Networking protocols (MANET) suitable for HF (BLOS) and V/UHF radio links.
Standards Based Products
RapidM has products incorporating the following MIL-STD and STANAG (NATO) standards and specifications:
- RC66 PC application software conforming to STANAG 5066 for email and chat over HF and V/UHF radio links using STANAG 4539 / MIL-STD-188-110 HF data modems,
- Embeddable STANAG 5066 ARQ stack and client software components,
- STANAG 5066 ARQ stack 19-inch rack-mount hardware units,
- HF and V/UHF Data Modems conforming to MIL-STD-188-110A, MIL-STD-188-110B, MIL-STD-188-110C (wideband HF), STANAG 5069, 4285, 5065, 4529, 4415 and 4539,
- Automatic Link Establishment (ALE) functions for 2G ALE conforming to MIL-STD-188-141A, MIL-STD-188-141B and MIL-STD-188-141C, and
- Automatic Link Establishment (ALE) functions for 3G ALE conforming to STANAG 4538 FLSU and 3G Packet Data Modems conforming to STANAG 4538 xDL.
RapidM offers the following proprietary products incorporating MIL-STD and STANAG (NATO) standards and specifications:
- RT MessagePoint PC application software for email and chat over HF and V/UHF radio links using STANAG 4538 HDL, LDL and RDL packet data modems,
- RT CommandPoint PC, laptop and tablet applications for BLOS position tracking, situational awareness and blue force tracking over HF and V/UHF radio links,
- RT family of Secure Digital Voice encryptors encompassing low rate (300, 600, 1200, 2400 bps) TWELP and MELPe vocoders and AES-256 encryption, suitable for HF (BLOS) and V/UHF radio links,
- RA family of Secure Digital Voice encryptors encompassing medium rate (700, 1200, 2400 bps) TWELP vocoders and 56-bit encryption, suitable for governmental radio users, and
- RW family of Radio Remote sets incorporating field-wire modem technology to separate operators from the radio site by up to 5km.
TC2 HF & V/UHF Modem, ALE and Secure Digital Voice Module
The TC2 offers HF & VHF/UHF data modems, 2G ALE and 3G ALE / STANAG 4538. The TC2 hardware can also host RapidM’s EF-256 Embedded functions, which include Secure Digital Voice (SDV) and AES 256 encryption.
RA2 Secure Voice Modem
The RA2 is a high performance secure digital voice modem. The RA2 is suitable for first responders, security agencies, governmental, paramilitary and even military users requiring voice privacy and asset tracking.
TC4-LP HF & V/UHF Modem, ALE and Secure Digital Voice Module
The TC4-LP is a ‘TC4 foot-print compatible’ module optimised for low power consumption. The TC4-LP offers the same functions found in the TC4: including HF & VHF/UHF data modems, 2G ALE and 3G ALE / STANAG 4538. In addition, the TC4-LP hardware can host the RapidM EF-256 Embedded functions, which include Secure Digital Voice (SDV) and AES 256 encryption.
RT7 Encrypted Voice / Data Modem
The RT7 is a 19″ rack-mount Strategic Secure Terminal that is part of the RT family and works with any HF or V/UHF radio via the audio interface. The RT7 provides fully secure services including link set-up, digital voice, data and position.
RC8 ARQ Server & IP Controller
The RC8 ARQ Server & IP Controller is a purpose-built platform for Automatic Repeat reQuest (ARQ) communications functions based on STANAG 5066 and STANAG 4538.
RM6-A Data Modem & ALE Controller
The RM6-A is a high data rate LF & HF data modem and ALE controller for standards-based BLOS naval and strategic data communications.
RM8 Software Defined Modem & ALE Controller
The RM8 is a high data rate LF & HF data modem and ALE controller for standards-based BLOS naval and strategic data communications. The RM8 extends the functions found in the RM6-A to also include the STANAG 4538 / 3G ALE Automatic Radio Control System (ARCS) function. The RM8 units are suitable for NATO BRASS & BRE1TA (BRASS Enhancements 1 Technical Architecture) shore station deployments offering split-site 2G & 3G ALE.
The RA Family is custom developed for governmental agencies, police, first responders and paramilitary forces. RapidM's products maximize connectivity with secure long range voice, position and data services.
The RC Family provides standards based Automatic Repeat reQuest (ARQ) and Internet Protocol data services. RapidM’s RC products, when used in conjunction with RM modems and external link encryptors, provide robust, error-free data (email, chat, position, etc) over HF and VHF/UHF links even in severely degraded channels conditions.
The RM family of products is developed to satisfy the needs of both naval and governmental end-users who require best in class, high performance products that are compliant with the latest standards for their strategic, maritime, narrowband and wideband HF and VHF/UHF data communications solutions.
The RT Family of products provides secure digital services including Situational Awareness, Chat, Email and Digital Voice which in turn maximizes soldier connectivity. RapidM’s RT products offer unsurpassed performance in degraded conditions with a wide range of radio equipment.
The RW FAMILY consists of a range of rugged wireline products aimed at operating and controlling radios from a distant location up to 5 km away. This allows radio operators to have access to the essential radio functionality from a convenient and safe location. The RW product sets can be used to set up radio communications for open-pit or underground mining applications, rapid high-site installations and general radio remote use scenarios.
The TC Range of embeddable modules provides radio makers with next generation digital capabilities with a low integration effort and overall cost. The RapidM TC Range offers standards-based functions and proprietary waveforms for HF and VHF/UHF radios. Capabilities include secure digital voice, positioning services, narrowband and wideband data modems and ALE controllers.
We have successfully provided many real-world naval, tactical and governmental communications solutions for customers located in over 45 countries on 6 continents. RapidM provides embedded modems for most of the major global military radio manufacturers as well as a range of high performance modems. RapidM today offers the latest generation Military Standard data modems, world leading Secure Digital Voice solutions, wide-band HF technology, Tactical Data Terminal systems and much more.