RB8 HF & V/UHF Bit Error Rate Tester – 32 kbps
The RapidM RB8 Bit Error Rate Tester (BERT) is a standalone unit designed for the testing of serial H/V/UHF data modem communications equipment. The RB8 BERT is used to measure the number of bit errors in a data transmission system.
For serial testing the RB8 BERT generates a test data stream that is passed through the data transmission system. The received data stream is compared against a reference data stream to detect any errors introduced by the system under test. The RB8 BERT can detect bits in error and missed bits (also called bit slips).
The RapidM RB8 is a Test and Measurement product that can operate independently or form part of the RapidM Test & Measurement System (TS8).
The RapidM RB8 BERT generates a pseudo-random binary sequence (PRBS) based on standard test patterns. The RB8 generates these data streams at data rates from 50 bps to 19k2 kbps in synchronous and 50 bps to 230k4 bps in asynchronous DTE modes. The RB8 BERT is capable of generating and checking user defined patterns from 8 to 128 bits in length. A custom text sequence is also supported.
For serial data testing the 63, 511, and 2047 bit PRBS patterns are standard with continuous and burst transmission modes also supported.
The RB8 BERT has an intuitive graphical user interface on the front panel that displays basic error statistics and allows the user to control the operation of the BERT hardware. The RB8 BERT can also be controlled locally or remotely using the RapidM-MMI which provides more detailed error statistics.
Features and Benefits
- Bit error rate testing for NATO STANAGs and Military Standards (MIL-STDs)
- DTE Interface: RS-422 or RS-232
- Synchronous: 50 bps to 19k2 kbps
- Asynchronous: 50 bps to 230.4 kbps
- Clock Source: Internal or External
- EIA-530 Standard Compliant
Standard PRBS 63, 511 & 2047 bit, predefined text, custom text or User Defined PRBS
Recorded & Displayed
- BER, bit errors, bit slips
- Sync loss
Rack mount or Standalone
- Ethernet Interface: Control via RAP1
- Remote Control: Via RapidM-MMI
- Calibration: No calibration required
- Software Upgrade: The software can be updated to add additional features
- Presets: Factory and Custom Presets
This Product does not currently have any associated accessories.