RS8 Wideband HF & V/UHF Channel Simulator
The RapidM RS8 standalone unit can simulate HF and VHF/UHF channel conditions for reproducible performance evaluation of modems and waveforms. It is suitable for the performance evaluation of MIL-STD-188-110C modem solutions. The RS8 is fully controllable via the front panel – standalone unit – or remotely via a PC GUI using the RAP1/RIPC protocol.
HF conditions are simulated using the Watterson-Coon Channel model with some enhancements. These include the addition of radio filters at the input and output, the ability to handle more than two paths (up to 5) and the addition of a time-varying Doppler offset. Wideband bandwidths of 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21 & 24 kHz can be tested.
A modified Jakes fading model is used to simulate the channel conditions for V/UHF testing. 16 relatively independent Rayleigh fading waveforms are generated and used for this purpose which provides a full scattering parabolic Doppler spectrum. Bandwidths of 25, 12.5 & 6.25kHz are supported and additional transceiver frequency error offset is applied.
Features and Benefits
HF Channel Simulator:
- HF Watterson-Coon Channel model
- 5 Independent Paths
- Asymmetric SNR (ISB or Full-Duplex)
- Presets for CCIR & ITU channels and MIL-STD 110C
- Doppler Simulation (Sweep and offset)
- Interference Simulation
- Reliable Results (Dedicated Hardware)
V/UHF Channel Simulator:
- Modified Jakes Fading Model
- Full scattering parabolic Doppler spectrum
- Preset Propagation Terrain Models (6)
- Doppler Shift (Function of RF & speed)
- Transceiver Freq. Offset