RS8 HF & V/UHF Channel Simulator – 3, 6 kHz
The RapidM RS8 standalone unit can simulate HF and V/UHF channel conditions for reproducible performance evaluation of modems and waveforms at baseband. It is suitable for the performance evaluation of MIL-STD-188-110C modem and MIL-STD-188-141C Automatic Link Establishment (ALE) solutions.
HF conditions are simulated using the Watterson-Coon Channel model with some enhancements. These include the addition of radio filters at the input and output, the ability to handle more than two paths (up to 5) and the addition of a time-varying Doppler offset. The RS8 is a baseband simulator providing an audio interface with support for HF bandwidths of 3 & 6 kHz and U/VHF bandwidths of 3, 6, 12 & 24 kHz.
The RS8 is fully controllable via the front panel – standalone unit – or remotely via a PC GUI using the RAP1/RIPC protocol.
Features and Benefits
HF Channel Simulator:
- HF Watterson-Coon Channel model
- 5 Independent Paths
- Asymmetric SNR:
– Dual left & right channel for full ISB testing
– Separate forward & reverse for ARQ testing
- Preset Channel Conditions: Presets for CCIR & ITU channels and MIL-STD 110C conditions.
- Doppler Simulation: Sweep and offset
- Interference Simulation
- Reliable Results: Dedicated Hardware
V/UHF Channel Simulator:
- Full scattering parabolic Doppler spectrum
- Preset Propagation Terrain Models (6)
- Doppler Shift: Function of RF & speed