RA7 Secure Voice & Data Modem / Rack-Mount
VOICE, MESSAGE, POSITION
The RA7 is a Secure Voice & Data Modem which can be mounted in a 19″ rack. The modem is intended for use in control rooms and ond ships. The RA7 is part of the RA product family and connects to a single HF or V/UHF radio to provide secure voice, data and position services.
RA7 SECURE DIGITAL VOICE
The Vocoder rate is adapted dynamically to allow optimal quality in all channels. Broadcast and Private-Lines selective call modes are supported, as well as automatic Late Entry.
Local User: The operator uses a handset connected to the RA7 front panel. The RA7 provides an Address Book to initiate Private Line calls or to send locally entered Messages or files.
Remote User: The operator is situated away from the RA7. Audio input is via the Intercom connector. The RA7 can then be operated via MessagePoint, GatePoint or TrackPoint Software.
All over-the-air communications, locally stored messages and positions are encrypted. A Zeroize function is provided from the keypad which erases all data and keys.
Features and Benefits
- Features & Benefits:
- Digital Voice: 600, 1200 & 2400 bps Vocoder
- Vocoder Options: TWELP* / MELPE**
- Data: Packet Modem & ARQ
- Security: AES-256 Encryption
- Address Book: Selective and Broadcast calls
- Position Transfer: Built-in GPS Module
- Connects to: Any HF or V/UHF radio
- Interoperates with: RA5
- RapidM PC Software: Extends capability
- Rack Mount: 19″
- Front Panel: Full operator interface
- Rear Panel: Intercom and Data interface
Functions and Applications:
- Voice Encryption: Secure Digital Voice for Radio
- Position Transfer: Asset tracking over vast areas
- Secure Data Modem: Used by external laptop or PC
This Product does not currently have any associated accessories.