RM6-A Data Modem & ALE Controller
The RM6-A is a high data rate LF & HF data modem and ALE controller for standards-based BLOS naval and strategic data communications. The RM6-A supports MIL-STD-188-110A/B, STANAG 4539 and related modems and MIL-STD-188-141, App A (2G ALE) and App B (Linking Protection). The RM6-A is a replacement of the RM6 modem and it is recommended for new systems.
The RM6-A shares its interface layout with the newer RM8 and RM8-Wideband modems. The RM6-A supports the RAP1/RIPC and STANAG 5066 Annex E (ASCII) control protocols.
The RM6-A is suitable for long distance (up to 10 000 km) point-to-point data communications. The unit offers a built-in 2G ALE controller option. The RM6-A is recommended as an alternative to the RM6 for new installations.
The RM6-A is based on the latest generation hardware & software. The RM6-A matches the form and fit of the RM8.
The maximum data rate is 9600 bps over a standard 3 kHz (SSB) HF radio channel and 19200 bps over an ISB channel.
The RM6 is designed to operate in conjunction with an external STANAG 5066 ARQ server. The unit is intended for installation into 19” rack systems or to be used as a desktop unit. The front panel (LCD display and keypad) provides full local control of all settings and functions.
The function of the RM6-A is determined by the selection of one of the following software packs:
- M1: LF & HF Modem (SSB, ISB, up to 19200 bps)
- M2: HF Modem (SSB, up to 9600 bps)
The following software option is available for software packs M1 & M2:
- 2G ALE Controller Software Option
Features and Benefits
RM6-A Modem Platform
- Up to 9600 bps in 3kHz
- Up to 19200 bps (ISB radio)
- STANAG 5066 interoperable
- Broadcast and Ship-Shore (BRASS) compatible
- MIL-STD-188-114 compatible interface
- Supports split-site operation
- AC Supply: 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60/400 Hz
- -30°C to +70°C operating
- Size: ½ of 1U 19 inch rack
- Two units will fit side-by-side in a 1 U slot
|LF & HF Software Packs (M1, M2)|
2G ALE Controller Software Option
- MIL-STD-188-141B App. A
- FED-STD 1045
- Occupancy Detection
- MIL-STD-188-141B App. B
- FED-STD 1049 Linking Protection