RM6 LF & HF Modem & ALE Controller
The RM6 is a discontinued high data rate LF & HF data modem and ALE controller for standards-based BLOS naval and strategic data communications. The RM6 supports MIL-STD-188-110A/B, STANAG 4539 and related modems and MIL-STD-188-141, App A (2G ALE) and App B (Linking Protection). The RM6 is now superseded by the RM6-A Data Modem & ALE Controller.
The RM6 modem is available from RapidM on special request only in very limited quantities. The RM6 supports the RAP1/DLP (binary) and STANAG 5066 Annex E (ASCII) control protocols.
The RM6 is suitable for long distance (up to 10 000 km) point-to-point data communications. The unit includes a built-in 2G ALE controller (optional).
The maximum data rate is 9600 bps over a standard 3 kHz (SSB) HF radio channel and 19200 bps over an ISB channel.
The RM6 is designed to operate in conjunction with an external STANAG 5066 ARQ server. The unit is intended for installation into 19” rack systems or to be used as a desktop unit. The front panel (LCD display and keypad) provides full local control of all settings and functions.
The function of the RM6 is determined by the selection of one of the following software packs:
- M1: LF & HF Modem (SSB, ISB, up to 19200 bps)
- M2: HF Modem (SSB, up to 9600 bps)
The following software option is available for software packs M1 & M2:
- 2G ALE Controller Software Option
Features and Benefits
RM6 Modem Platform
- Up to 9600 bps in 3kHz
- Up to 19200 bps (ISB radio)
- STANAG 5066 interoperable
- Broadcast and Ship-Shore (BRASS) compatible
- MIL-STD-188-114 compatible interface
- Supports split-site operation
- AC Supply: 110 – 250 VAC, 40 – 440 Hz
- DC Supply: 6-36 VDC (MIL-STD-1275B)
- -30°C to +70°C operating temperature
- Size: ½ of 1U 19 inch rack
- Two units will fit side-by-side in a 1 U slot
- JITC Certified (Fort Huachuca, Arizona)
|LF & HF Software Packs (M1, M2)|
2G ALE Controller Software Option
- MIL-STD-188-141B App. A
- FED-STD 1045
- Occupancy Detection
- MIL-STD-188-141B App. B
- FED-STD 1049 Linking Protection
This Product does not currently have any associated accessories.