RM10 Wideband SDM & ALE – 24 kHz
The RM10 Wideband SDM & ALE product was developed in response to the emerging Wideband HF Data Modem (MIL-STD-188-110C) and ALE (MIL-STD-188-141D) standards for strategic and maritime BLOS radio communications. The RM10 addresses the need for higher throughput data communications over contiguous wideband radio channels in the HF, VHF and UHF bands.
The RM10 comes standard with the WBHF data modems are specified in MIL-STD-188-110C Appendix D, providing waveforms occupying bandwidths from 3 kHz to 24 kHz in increments of 3 KHz, and user data rates between 75 bps and 120 kbps. The RM10’s software suite also includes all the narrowband HF modem available in the RM8 product.
In the future, the RM10 will offer as a software option, the Wideband Automatic Link Establishment (WALE) or Fourth Generation (4G ALE) compliant with MIL-STD-188-141D Appendix G. The WALE/4G ALE controller provides both FAST and DEEP WBHF link setup by dynamically adapting the bandwidth and frequency offset of wideband channels to avoid interference and optimize throughput. When the WALE/4G ALE software option is active, the RM10’s software suite also includes the 2G ALE and 3G ALE/FLSU functions. The 2G ALE and 3G ALE/FLSU options are offered on the RM10 in lieu of WALE / 4G ALE availability.
The RM10 offers (as a separate software configuration), the UHF data modem specified in STANAG 4691 Annex B providing user data rates from 12k8 to 96 kbps in a 25 kHz bandwidth. In addition, RapidM proprietary VHF waveforms are available offering user data rates up to 128 kbps in a 25 kHz bandwidth.
The RM10 is suitable for installation on Naval and Maritime platforms as well as NATO Shore Station requiring split-site operation, e.g. BRASS/BRE1TA.
Features and Benefits
- Standards compliance – MIL-STD and STANAG
- Wideband & Narrowband HF Data Modem
- Wideband HF ALE Functions (Future)
- Narrowband HF ALE Functions (S/W Options)
- Split-Site Operation
- Works with RC10 & RC66-WB ARQ – datasheets available
- DTE port – EIA 530A Synchronous/Asynchronous
- Remote control interfaces – Serial and Ethernet
- Configuration and Control Protocols – RAP1/RIPC & STANAG 5066 (Annex E)
- Local configuration & control – Menu-driven
- Excellent Environmental specifications
- Low power consumption
- High temperature range
- Tested for high Shock and Vibration
- High MTBF
- 20 Year product and spares availability period
- HF Data Modem Waveform Standards (S/W Standard Included)
- MIL-STD-188-110A (3 kHz)
- MIL-STD-188-110B (3 kHz) & App. F (2x 3 kHz)
- MIL-STD-188-110C-D (3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, & 24 kHz)
- STANAG 4539 (QAM), incl. Annex D TDMA
- STANAG 4285 (PSK), STANAG 4529 (NB PSK)
- STANAG 4415 (robust), STANAG 4197 (ANDVT)
- STANAG 4481 (shore-to-ship)
- LF Data Modem Waveform Standards (S/W Standard Included)
- STANAG 5065 (MSK)
- HF Automatic Link Establishment Standards (S/W Option)
- MIL-STD-188-141C (3 kHz) – 2G, 3G ALE
- STANAG 4538 (3 kHz) – 3G ALE/FLSU
- Future: MIL-STD-188-141D (24 kHz) – 4G ALE (WALE)
- V/UHF Data Modem Waveform Standards (Separate S/W Configuration)
- STANAG 4691 Annex B (25 kHz, 96 kbps)
- RapidM Proprietary VHF (25 kHz, 128 kbps)