RM8X4 Quad Software Defined Modem
The RM8X4 Quad Software Defined Modem is a purpose-built standalone hardware platform housing four independent modem & ALE controller functions.
The RM8X4 unit has high commonality with the RM8 and is intended for strategic and maritime data communications where size, weight, power and cost are at a premium.
The RM8X4 can be installed as both land and ship-borne 19-inch rack equipment occupying only a single 1U slot.
The RM8X4 offers the same wide range of standards-based waveforms and protocols found in the RM8. These are suitable for interoperable link setup operations and data transfer, whether point-to-point or point-to-multipoint.
The RM8X4 is capable of 4-channel receive diversity processing offering a significant performance gain and making the RM8X4 ideal for naval and maritime shore station deployment.
The function of the RM8X4 is determined by the selection of one of the following software packs:
- M1: LF & HF Modem (SSB, ISB, up to 19200 bps)
- M2: HF Modem (SSB, up to 9600 bps)
The following ALE software options are available for use with M1 and M2:
- 2G ALE Controller Software Option
- 3G ALE Controller Software Option
The following software options are available in addition to M1 and M2:
- Wideband HF Data Modem (up to 120000 bps Groundwave)
- V/UHF Data Modem (up to 128000 bps)
Features and Benefits
RM8X4 Modem Platform
- Four independent functions
- Receive diversity
- Up to 9600 bps in 3 kHz HF (SSB)
- Up to 19200 bps in 6 kHz HF (ISB)
- STANAG 5066 interoperable
- Broadcast and Ship-Shore (BRASS) compatible
- MIL-STD-188-114 compatible interface
- Supports split-site operation
- AC Supply: 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60/400 Hz
- -30°C to +70°C operating
- Size: 1U 19 inch rack
|LF & HF Software Packs (M1, M2)|
Wideband HF Software Option
- Up to 120000 bps Groundwave operation in 24 kHz HF
V/UHF Software Option
- Up to 128000 bps in 24 kHz V/UHF
- RapidM proprietary waveform
2G ALE Controller Software Option
- MIL-STD-188-141B App. A
- FED-STD 1045
- Occupancy Detection
- MIL-STD-188-141B App. B
- FED-STD 1049 Linking Protection
This Product does not currently have any associated accessories.