RT7 Encrypted Voice / Data Modem
Voice, Position & Messaging
The RT7 is a 19″ rack-mount Strategic Secure Terminal that is part of the RT family and works with any HF or V/UHF radio via the audio interface. The RT7 provides fully secure services including link set-up, digital voice, data and position.
Local or Remote Operator
A local operator uses a handset connected to the RT7 front panel. The RT7 provides an Address Book to initiate Private Line calls or to send locally entered Messages or files. A remote operator, situated away from the device, uses the RT7 via the Intercom audio interface. The RT7 can then be operated via RT CommandPoint or MessagePoint software.
Secure Digital Voice
RT provides the next-generation radio speech encryption solution. RT Secure Digital Voice (SDV) uses the new language-independent TWELP** low-rate vocoder. This is combined with powerful AES-256 encryption and modulated for HF/VHF/UHF use by a RapidM proprietary Digital Voice waveform.
Fielded RT7 and RT5 units periodically send out their position information, allowing other RT7, RT5 and CommandPoint users to track Blue Forces.
RT provides fast accurate messaging services such as:
- Chat and QuickText
- File Transfer: Pictures, etc
- Reports: CASEVAC, SITRAP, etc
- Email with attachments
- SMS to GSM Networks
RT Key Management Software (KMS-256)
Secure key generation and distribution ensures that all over-the-air communications are end-to-end encrypted.
RT System Configuration Software (SCS)
Easy-to-use software allows rapid creation and distribution of address books, network parameters and device configurations.
Features and Benefits
- AES-256 encryption
- Secure Digital Voice (SDV)
- Intercom audio interface to support ICS
- Position tracking
- Tactical messaging
- All data and voice is encrypted
- Security and access control
- 19” Rack-mount
- Local or remote user
Secure Digital Voice
- 300, 600, 1200 & 2400 bps MELPe*/TWELP** Vocoder
- Secure broadcast voice
- Point-to-point private line voice
- Very high Vocoder clarity
- Very high performance voice specific modem
- Automatic rate adjustment
- Automatic Late Entry
- Caller Identification
- Simultaneous voice and position transfer
- Base: Company/Brigade
- Vehicle: Platoon/Company
- MELPe* / TWELP**
- S4538 FLSU (3G ALE)
- S4538 xDL (3G Packet Data)
- MIL-STD-188-141 Appendix C
* MELPe for USA customer only
** TWELP voice coding by DSP Innovations Inc.(www.dspini.com)