TC4-MARS for Icom IC-F8101
The TC4 is a HF data modem module with exceptional performance and reliability. The TC4 plugs into the Icom IC-F8101 Transceiver’s internal provisioned connector. The TC4 installed in the IC-F8101 is suitable for Military Auxiliary Radio System (MARS) operators requiring an 110A data modem.
The TC4 benefits from RapidM’s superior technology and experience in HF modem design. The modem features adaptive equalization and is able to deal with in-band distortion. The result is extended range and increased data throughput.
The TC4 is accompanied by the free DataPoint 110A/B Interface Software. This software allows the user to configure and control the modem for basic MIL-STD-188-110A and MIL-STD-188-110B operation. DataPoint also allows data to be tunneled to/from the MARS Communications Messaging Terminal.
The basic TC4-MARS fulfils the MARS requirement for a 2400 bps MIL-STD-188-110A data modem. The data rate can be extended to 9600 bps (MIL-STD-188-110B) by means of an activation key.
Features and Benefits
- MIL-STD-188-110A Modem (up to 2400 bps)
- Hardware solution
- Superior performance and reliability
- Internal modem for the Icom IC-F8101 Transceiver
- Includes DataPoint 110A/B Interface Software
- MIL-STD-188-110B Modem (up to 9600 bps)
RapidM recommends contacting John Rosica at NVIS communications with any MARS related enquiries. NVIS Communications is the RapidM representative to the MARS community in the USA.
Tel: 1-408-782-8002 x105
- MIL-STD-188-110C Modem (up to 16000 bps, 3kHz)
- MIL-STD-188-110C Orderwire (75/4 bps)
- STANAG 5066 ARQ (RC50 Email Software)
- MIL-STD-188-141B (2G ALE)
This Product does not currently have any associated accessories.